
Neasden Control Center consists of two designers. Only one of them did the designs for the Hotel Fox and it seems like the one that designed for them must not be the head honcho for the rest of their projects bc they are utterly chaotic.
I like their designs but they don't seem to get any sort of message across to the viewer...not a clear message anyway. perhaps if this was their intent, they would be masters bc i didn't look at any of their designs and get a clear representation of what their ideas were behind the work.

This particular style of their's which they have done several projects in reminds me what I would imagine Santana drawing if he could draw. It's very intricate and looks as if it took mass amounts of time and energy to accomplish but in the end, it's just easy listening and you don't get any real meaning out of the design/illustrations.

They also use word bubbles and this really strange big-headed character in soo many of their projects. I don't really get why but I like it. Almost all of their work is very chaotic in my opinion, mostly that you don't and can't really understand what is going on very easily by looking at their work, you would almost have to read their ideas behind them before you could really say you understood their concept. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, it's just all in what you are going for but I don't think this is a company that is going to be doing much designing for advertising or the likes.
oh yeah and their website completely sucks.
http://www.neasdencontrolcentre.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment