
Where do I begin? I love his work...specifically this one. I love the anger and aggression in his work specifically and the raw style he has. I also absolutely adore politically based art-work and when artists speak their political standings through art or design...I think I like this so much bc I suck ass at it myself, as I don't pay attention to politics unless it's near election time. :(
Victore does a wonderful job of mixing raw illustrations and design with very strict, modern type. I love it and all the white space. It's the whole thing I was going with when I designed my circus poster for GD1. Raw, Clean and Modern with a twist of nostalgic.
I adore how he can do lots of different styles as well...although he really seems to excel and want to do that certain raw, made it from scratch and i never use the damned computer kind of feel, it's apparent he can do very clean and modern design when the job calls for it. I think it really all goes back to his political sense in his designs thought that I like the most. I guess I really like it when you can tell someone has something important to say in their designs and it shows through.

http://www.jamesvictore.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment